This page contains miscellaneous snippets that I pick up that I haven't been able to group into bigger concepts yet.
- In the sudoers file : #includedir is not a comment. It's a directive that points to supplemental config files. There are several other #include directives. This mimics C syntax.
- fail2ban : a great way to get rid of spammers / brute force attacks. Thanks Yarik!
- HP iLO power button options: https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/27971206/HP-iLO.html
- git branch != git checkout for creating a new branch using the CLI.
- Fiber (specialized form of thread)
- cat /dev/null > /path/to/log allows you to wipe a log without restarting any associated process / daemon
- ZeroMQ references:
- gpasswd - it exists ; it is a good way to remove users from groups etc
- modules are often more useful than grains in getting system info in salt / just because a grain doesn't exist, doesn't mean there isn't an easy way to get it that's not cmd.run
Outside Links to be Sorted: