Notes on Software Packaging
I'm using this page to keep notes on the wonderful world of software packaging / distribution.
- rpmbuild : Tool used to create RPMs, taking into account dependency resolution.
- alien : Allows you to convert RPMs to Debian packages. Doesn't take into account dependencies.
- CPack : Allows you to create multiple package formats from the same source code.
- Python's distutils can be used to create RPM packages. (see here too)
- stdeb can also be used with distutils to create Debian packages (see here too).
- PyInstaller. See issue with wx here
Spec file Formats
- RPM spec