Proposal for a Really Dumb Build
I have some spare parts left over from a 2012 System76 laptop that I took apart. Should I turn them into a Frankenstein and have them run climateprediction.net? I don't run this project on Maxwell because it's really finicky, consistently errors, isn't robust to unexpected interruptions (i.e., power outages), and takes a hell of a long time for tasks to finish (oh yeah, and it also uses all available cores preventing any other projects from running). I wouldn't mind running it on a stupid machine that I didn't care as much about though.
- Custom Motherboard from a Manufacturer that was liquidated
- Cheap and somewhat sketchy ITX case
- Crapola Intel CPU Fan
- 2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.20GHz )
- 2x 4 GB SODIMMs (sketchy, old and unlikely to resell)
- Some sort of AC/DC power supply that meets the Mobo's requirements.